There are several factors that go into deciding which bats are best. No two swings are ever the same, therefore it isn’t an easy by process by any stretch. However, the following factors were used to help compile a list that would suit the majority of people.
- Construction – The way it is built goes a long way for factors such as durability and longevity. Bats that tend to crack easier than others were not ones we went deserved positive reviews. We also looked at both one-piece and two-piece systems when making a decision. Two piece bats in general tend to damage a bit easier as they are molded together using a couple of different materials. However, many players prefer the trampoline effect that two-piece ones provide.
- Benefits – A large part of our review section is dedicated to providing you the top benefits that each provide. Some are designed to improve swing speed while other are designed to give a player more power. A player can also find other benefits in the one they chose by way of comfort, increased durability, or weight distribution. Either way we have done our best to indicate which benefits we felt were better than others.
- Price point – When you compare the Demarini CF6 with the Worth Copperhead, which would you consider the better option? Now if you were a first time player and found the Worth Copperhead was $300 less expensive would you still buy the CF6? Each of our baseball bat reviews describe the bat from a value perspective as well. As you see in the table above, we include some that cost $300 while others that only cost $100.
- Bells & Whistles – Whether it is a powerful end cap or a comfortable grip, we look at all of these extra little features to determine if they are really worth the hype.
What is BBCOR?
The goal of the BBCOR standard is to provide a little more stiffness than that found in previous aluminum bat. Essentially, using a BBCOR baseball bat, a hitter will notice a reduction in the trampoline effect that some bats can have. Deadening the energy transfer ever so slightly helps make an aluminum as close to a wooden one as possible.
Making all players comply to this new regulation will help to even the playing field a bit further. The results some players were seeing were simply unfair and now to achieve the same performance a hitter will have to learn how to be more accurate and swing a little faster.
One of the most popular sports played and watched in America is baseball. On offense, baseball is all about hitting the ball and if you do not have the right sized bat you are sure to have trouble hitting. Baseball bats come in various sizes, shapes, material and weight. It is very important for you to find the correct one which largely depends on your physical stature and comfort level to be a very good hitter. Here are some tips for sizing and finding the right one:
- You need to first measure your height with shoes on. You can review a chart to find the right bat according to your height.
- Normally, a player between 3 and 4 feet tall will need a 26 inch bat to start with.
- Stand the bat close to your body to see if it is too long and whether it is ultimately heavy to use or not.
- The knob area must more or less match your hip.
- You need to also size according to your weight. Even though the height is more often than not considered as the main criterion to choose a baseball bat, it would be ideal to choose the size of a bat depending on the height as well as the weight of the hitter
- A child under 60 pounds can go for one between 26 and 29 inches, whereas a child in the weight range of 70 to 90 pounds can choose to use 28 to 32 inch in length.
Wooden Vs Composite: Which is better?
The game of baseball is evolving like never before and so is the equipment used to play the game. One of the most interesting things in the game that is changing very frequently nowadays is the materials used to manufacture the best in the business. Earlier, bats were only made using wood. Nowadays we have seen tremendous growth in aluminum construction. Wood bats are expensive. But, the risks that are attached to the use of metal more often than not outweigh the costs and players as well as spectators are prone to injury with metal. Wood bats are used by professional baseball players.
Composite material entered the game in the 1990’s much after the aluminum came into the game. Composite bats do not cost as much as wooden bats. Some differences between composite and wooden include:
- Composite tend to have a larger sweet spot, and more flexible handle
- Composite makes a hitter look better and are considered to be a performance booster. This is why it has been banned in many professional leagues
- Composite are poor performers and will easily break down in weather that is cooler than 65 degrees
Wooden bats are able to withstand any weather and are quite durable. Wood bats are less forgiving and a player needs to have a very good hand-eye coordination to hit big shots in baseball. Practicing with wood will help a player to become a better hitter and will also help in increasing bat speed.
Like we’ve said throughout this page, the most important piece of equipment is the baseball bat. It is highly important for you to read up on our various baseball bat reviews and choose a model that will help in improving your hitting skills. There are many different brands you will come across these days. Most of the top manufactures nowadays design for senior leagues, little leagues, colleges as well as for professional baseball players. The most important factor that you need to look into when making a purchase is the brand value of the bat. The following are the top brands that are currently available:
- Easton – These bats are offered with powerful barrels that offer comfortable grips and are lightweight. You will find them to be made of the best quality materials available and are also on the expensive side. They typically cost over $200. There are also reasonable and well priced Easton bats that are available in the market that are made out of aluminum or wood and high-tech alloys. The company has been in the process of manufacturing aluminum bats since the late 1970’s and have come out with a lot of innovative systems so far.
- DeMarini – One of the more highly rated and respected manufacturers is DeMarini. They have been in the business since 1990 and offer innovative low priced bats. They have a slew of models that are specially designed for slow pitch and fast pitch softball as well as for baseball. They are the pioneers when it comes to manufacturing the double wall system. DeMarini bats are offered at a wider price range from $100 to $300.
We hope you have enjoyed our baseball bat reviews page and that it has helped you find the right one for you this season. 2015 models are coming right around the corner, so stop by often as we will update this page as much as possible!